Online Account Management Usage Agreement
You may use this online utility bill account access system (“My Account”) only if you are a customer of San Diego Gas & Electric (“SDG&E”) and have agreed to take part in My Account by properly registering a User ID and password consistent with these My Account Terms and Conditions. Use of My Account is furnished subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Web site and, if applicable, the Mobile Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated herein by this reference, as well as these My Account Terms and Conditions, all of which shall apply in all respects related hereto.
Online Account Management Service
My Account allows you to access online services specific to your SDG&E account(s). Available services under the My Account umbrella include online billing and payment, as well as other account-related information and analysis tools (Some of such services are also available, in whole or in part, without the use of My Account). SDG&E plans to add additional online services to My Account, as appropriate, in the future.
SDG&E reserves the right to modify or discontinue any or all services or features of My Account at any time without notice, or to offer specific programs only to customers meeting applicable qualifications. Subject to satisfying the qualifications for a particular program, you may elect to use one or more of the features available without being obligated to use them all.
Specifically, by participating in My Account you have agreed that:
You are subject to these My Account Terms and Conditions as long as you take part in My Account, including all its online services. By selecting the “I Agree” button when registering for My Account, you are confirming that you accept these My Account Terms and Conditions (or any future modifications thereof) – as a pre-condition to your being granted access to My Account. When you meet the above requirements, or the requirements stated after this for any following online utility service, you will receive an e-mail message from SDG&E confirming your registration in My Account.
The unique User ID and password (collectively, “Password”) selected by you to access My Account must be held on a confidential basis by you and not given to other people. Anyone with knowledge of your Password can gain access to My Account and all the services available within the account. If you have forgotten or lost your Password, online reminder capabilities are available to assist you in remembering it. As a condition of use, you must notify SDG&E immediately if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen. In such event, you can contact SDG&E immediately by email or by calling 1-800-411-SDGE (7343) (24 hours a day). You are responsible for maintaining the Password against improper disclosure. One of the terms and conditions of this agreement is that you are solely responsible for any claims, losses, damages, expenses and costs incurred by the use of your Password by others. SDG&E reserves the right to reset any Passwords.
Emails from SDG&E
By registering for My Account, you will automatically receive email notifications when your SDG&E bill is issued. These “bill ready” notifications will be sent to your current email address on file for each SDG&E account you have set up online. (Since these are transaction notices pursuant to the agreement between you and SDG&E, you may not “opt-out” from communications related to My Account.) You may log in just to view your electronic bill, without making payment. Another option is to log in and view your bill online, and then pay your bill electronically by providing the necessary banking information.
Contact Information and Banking Changes
As a My Account user, it is your responsibility to ensure that the contact and other required information in your user profile is current and accurate, and updated promptly if necessary, including your name, address, phone number and email address. Changes can be made either within the My Account service or by contacting SDG&E’s Customer Service by email or at 1-800-411-SDGE (7343).
In the event that your bank or financial account (“Bank Account”) information changes for any reason, you are obligated to promptly notify SDG&E by entering these changes within the secure Bank Information screens. If you have set up recurring payments to occur automatically according to a specified frequency, these payments will continue to be processed against your current banking information on file until your change notice has been received and processed by SDG&E. One-time payments you have initiated will also be processed against your current banking information on file.
Although SDG&E will not add charges for your participation in this online program, you are solely responsible for the accuracy of your current banking information and for payment of any charges added to your Bank Account by your bank or financial institution as a result of your participation in My Account. In addition, if your payment is ever rejected, SDG&E will pass through the charges assessed for such rejection, and will add an $8.00 returned payment fee on your next bill. Your financial institution may impose other charges for which you will be liable. SDG&E also reserves the right to terminate your participation in My Account if your payment is rejected more than once within any consecutive 12-month period. You may view and pay your bill account(s) online through other web sites and payment services, however, they may charge a fee for this service. Additionally, you are responsible for any Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider.
Online Billing and Payment
Online billing allows you to view bills for the SDG&E account(s) you have linked to My Account. Online payment allows you to pay your SDG&E bill(s) online. Taking part in online payment requires you to both:
(a) provide the current effective banking information for your designated Bank Account to SDG&E; and
(b) make an online payment of your SDG&E bill(s) by deduction from your designated Bank Account(s).
- If you pay your bill online with My Account (One-Time payment or Recurring payments), you will no longer receive SDG&E bills through the mail for any SDG&E account(s) you pay online. You will automatically receive an email notification when your SDG&E bill is issued. SDG&E will forward any late payment, collections or shut-off notices through U.S. mail. If you still wish to receive paper SDG&E bills by U.S. mail, please contact SDG&E by email or call 1-800-411-SDGE (7343).
- Bill payment will accept payment amounts of $1.00 or greater.
- Payments made Monday through Friday before 4 p.m. Pacific Time will post to your account the same day. Payments made after 4 p.m., or on weekends or holidays will post to your account on the evening of the next business day. (Business days are Monday through Friday, except for banking holidays.) To avoid late payment please ensure that your payment is made prior to 4 p.m. on the due date of the bill.
- In the event of any change to your email address, you are obligated to promptly notify SDG&E by entering this change within the secure Profile section of My Account. You must provide SDG&E your current email address(es) to permit SDG&E to forward your bill ready notification to your email box. You are responsible for paying SDG&E bills regardless of whether you receive email notifications of any bill issued or not. SDG&E will forward any late payment, collections or shut-off notices through the U.S. mail.
- If you wish to have your billing information sent to another person or third party to act as your representative, you must provide SDG&E with a written, signed authorization. You can download the authorization form by clicking here. The form to implement this option can be returned to SDG&E by fax or mail.
Pricing Plan Enrollment
By selecting to enroll in a new pricing plan, the User (you) certifies that you are the primary account holder and understands and agrees that SDG&E will switch the selected meter to the indicated new pricing plan. Your new pricing plan may have different costs based on the time of day and year. For specific details, please review the tariff. Additionally, your new plan may include Reduce Your Use days with Reduce Your Use alerts, a one year commitment period and 1 Year No Risk Pricing. Details on each pricing plan component may be found on sdge.com/whenergy. 1 Year No Risk Pricing is available only on the Time of Use Plus plan and will be available for one year, starting on your rate effective date. 1 Year No Risk Pricing means that SDG&E will compare the amounts you paid after your first year on the new pricing plan with the amounts you would have paid on your previously effective rate. If the amount you would have paid on your previously effective pricing plan is lower than the amount you paid after your first year on the new pricing plan, you will receive a bill credit for the difference. 1 Year No Risk Pricing only applies if you remain at the same location for the duration of the year.
In signing up for a new pricing plan, you acknowledge your understanding that the price comparisons provided to you with this website’s online pricing tools and/or a Personalized Plan Comparison are projections based on historical usage and that actual benefits may change due to unknown circumstances, such as changes in future usage, equipment or local weather conditions. You further understand that the commitment period for this new rate is one year. You may notify us through our Customer Contact Center up to 60 days from your rate effective date if you would like to return to your previously effective rate. After 60 days, the new pricing plan will remain in effect until the end of the one-year commitment period. After that one-year period you can change to any other eligible plan at any time by logging into My Account, calling our Customer Contact Center of completing a paper enrollment form. Your rate effective date is based on your next scheduled meter read date and verification that you are eligible for the rate change.
If your pricing plan becomes unavailable in the future for any reason, you will be notified of your options in advance of any changes.
Scheduling Appliance Service Requests
See Terms and Conditions of this Web site.
Discontinue My Account (online account access)
To withdraw from My Account and discontinue receiving bill ready email notification(s) and discontinue paying bills online you must unlink all of your bill accounts on the Manage Accounts screen. Once all bill accounts have been unlinked, they can no longer be accessed online, and thereafter no bill ready notification will be sent and no online bill payments can be made through My Account.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Some of the data, analysis, and recommendations presented within the My Energy tab and on other portions of the My Account web site are based on estimates and projections and are for informational purposes only. For example, the hourly or daily gas or electric usage seen online could occasionally include estimated data or may be missing data because of temporary system availability or other technical issues. Always consult an expert before making any decision to purchase or size energy efficiency or energy management equipment and systems, and before implementing any recommendations contained here. Please be aware that the actual energy savings obtained in each instance depends on various factors, including geographic location, weather conditions, equipment installed, usage rates, and so forth. Completing multiple energy saving measures will not necessarily result in cumulative savings. Any rebates provided are subject to satisfaction of applicable qualification rules. Certain rebate programs may be modified by the California Public Utilities Commission, and are subject to the availability of funds.
- SDG&E reserves the right in its sole discretion to prevent any User from accessing this web site in connection with My Account.
- My Account will be operated and used at all times subject to applicable laws, rules, regulations and decisions of federal and state governmental authorities having jurisdiction, as in effect from time to time, including without limitation the Public Utilities Commission of the State of California.
- Use of My Account, and any SDG&E service accessed, is at your sole risk. Although SDG&E has endeavored to create a secure and reliable service, the confidentiality or security of any communication transmitted or accessible over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We do encrypt your financial account numbers on our systems and in transmission and comply with all applicable laws in handling such information. Accordingly, SDG&E and its parent and affiliates are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted or accessed using the Internet. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of this My Account service may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
- Capitalized terms used but not defined in these My Account Terms and Conditions shall have the definitions ascribed thereto in the Terms and Conditions of this Web site, and if applicable, the Mobile Terms and Conditions.
- SDG&E reserves the right to change these My Account Terms and Conditions at any time, effective immediately upon updating this web site.