“Even better, this is setting the tone for sustainable construction throughout the entire Del Sur community. We’re taking what we’ve learned at The Ranch House and making it a standard practice. That’s the way we move forward.”
Bill Dumka, Senior Vice President of Black Mountain
Replacing inefficient equipment early can help property managers and building owners retain tenants, increase asset values and reduce operating costs.
See Where Your Energy Dollar Goes
The chart below highlights the biggest energy users for Commercial Office Buildings.
This chart shows where the most energy is used in a typical large commercial building. Lighting and HVAC account for over 60% of energy use*.
|Consider the following energy saving tips
Replace T12 fluorescent lamps and magnetic ballasts with T8 or T5 tubes.
Install occupancy sensors in general usage areas so that lights turn on only when the area is occupied and automatically turn off when the area is not.
Clean lamps, reflectors, and diffusers regularly to maintain maximum illumination levels.
Receive Peak-Time savings incentives with these programs:
- Earn monthly payments by pledging or “bidding” your power reduction levels.
Critical Peak Pricing
- Earn a year-round rate discount by reducing your power usage on hot summer days.
Technical Assistance and Technology Incentives
- Get engineering assistance to reduce your energy demand with SDG&E's demand response or reliability programs.
- Earn bill credits for cycling your A/C during hot weather.
|Rebates & Incentives to Help Property Managers
Take an Energy Audit
You should consider taking the ENERGYSTAR® Benchmarking assessment before starting any major projects or upgrades.
Energy Efficiency Business Incentives
- Earn cash incentives and reduce energy use by retrofitting or installing new equipment.
Energy Efficiency Business Rebates
- Offset the the cost of installing energy efficient equipment.
Reduce Your Use Day Rewards
- Earn rewards when you save energy between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. during a Reduce Your Use Day.
Premium Efficiency Cooling
- Improve energy savings through the replacement of small commercial HVAC systems and commercial motors.
RCx Retrocommissioning Program
- No-cost assessment of building operations and an incentive for installing energy saving improvements.
- Offers a 24/7 monitored system to save natural gas and provide alerts when mechanical or temperature problems occur.
- Finance the cost of energy-efficient upgrades through your SDG&E bill.
|Rate Options For Your Business
A typical business is on a General Services rate schedule, which is the standard rate for your type of business. There may be optional rate schedules available to help you lower your energy bill.
Call our Business Contact Center at 1-800-336-7343 to review these optional rate schedules.
Learn more about rates
For more information about energy-saving solutions for your business, contact us today:
Call toll-free: 1-800-336-7343
Large Office Benchmark Data
16.9 kWh/sq. ft., Total annual electric intensity
1,521,000 kWh, Average electric consumption
90,000 Square-feet, Average floor space
Source: EIA energy intensity data from CBECs and MECS, EPRI, and other third-party energy-use data sets.