Updated April 15, 2014
Currently, SDG&E is not accepting 6-Month Notices to Transfer to Direct Access.
The SDG&E Total Load Allowance, 3,562 GWh, is fully subscribed.
All certified 6-Month Notices to Transfer to Direct Access Service (6-Month Notices) received during the April 2013 enrollment period have been placed on the Wait List, in the order of the randomized lottery number assigned, for any load that may become available in Y2013 and or Y2014.
On the last business day of each month, SDG&E will determine if there is room under the Overall Load Cap and will notify the first customer on the Wait List that there is available space. SDG&E will provide additional information to the customer to complete the transfer to Direct Access. Should a customer decline the space offered, the customer will be removed from the Wait List and remain on utility bundled service. The Wait List will remain in effect until December 31, 2014. For additional information, see California Public Utilities Commission Decision D.12-12-026 dated December 20, 2012.
Please Note: SDG&E will begin accepting 6-Month Notices to Transfer to Direct Access for any load that may become available for Y2015 on Monday June 9, 2014 at 9:00 am PDT. Customers or their authorized agents may submit Six Month Notices during the five (5) business days beginning June 9th and ending Friday, June 13, 2014 at 5:00 pm PDT, to establish the Wait List for any DA load that may become available under the Overall DA Cap during calendar year 2015.
Instructions for submitting your 6-Month Notice to Transfer to Direct Access form
Customers or their authorized agents may submit Six Month Notices during the five (5) business days beginning 9:00 am PDT, June 9, 2014 and ending 5:00 pm PDT, June 13, 2014, for load that may become available January 2015 through December 2015.
Important Note: These instructions apply to all submissions, regardless as to whether they are submitted directly by customers or by third-parties acting on behalf of a customer. SDG&E does not guarantee the receipt of your submission.
- Submit your completed form(s) to ESPADMIN@semprautilities.com or FAX to 858-654-1256.
- For e-mail submissions, please include the customer name, as it appears on the SDG&E billing account, Six Month Notice, Submitter Name, and number of Service Accounts in the subject line.
- Submit one form for all SDG&E accounts, for a customer, with the same Federal Tax ID number.
- Attach only one form to each submittal.
- For each Six Month Notice submitted with 2 or more service accounts, please attach an Excel spreadsheet. Please Note: If your Excel spreadsheet is not attached, SDG&E will ask you to send one.
- Duplicate Six Month Notices covering the same accounts will be discarded.
- Multiple Six Month Notices covering the same accounts, only one will be confirmed, all others will be ineligible.
- A Six Month Notice found to include multiple FTI numbers will be considered to have a deficiency.
- A Six Month Notice found to be incomplete (e.g., invalid account numbers) will be considered to have a deficiency.
- SDG&E will notify you of any deficiencies and you will have five (5) business days to correct the deficiency listed.
- After five (5) business days, if the Six Month Notice is still deficient, it will be discarded.
- Six Month Notices will be accepted subject to all deficiencies being resolved and availability of space under the established Overall Load Allowance.
- If your submission is provided through an e-mail, you will receive an automatic response to acknowledge that your e-mail has been received by SDG&E.
- SDG&E will review, audit, and confirm Six Month Notices received by SDG&E by July 28, 2014, thirty (30) business days from the close of the submission window.
- By August 11, 2014, SDG&E will notify customers that their Six Month Notice has been accepted or placed on the Wait List along with their initial sequence number, based on the random “lottery” number.
- This notification will be provided by an e-mail as a reply to all e-mail address(s) that were included on your initial submission. Customers sending submissions by FAX will be provided with notification sent to the e-mail address(s) listed on their form.
- Make sure that you include the e-mail addresses on your submission for all parties that you would like to receive the notification of acceptance or rejection.
- If a third-party will be submitting a form on your behalf, a properly completed Letter of Authorization (LOA) must be attached to the submittal.
- Please notify SDG&E ESPAdmin@semprautilities.com within three (3) business days if you wish to withdraw or cancel your Six Month Notice.
After you receive the accept notification from SDG&E, your notices will be processed as described in SDG&E Rule 25.1, section D. Your account(s) will transfer to DA service according the established switching rules found in SDG&E Rule 25. Any accepted notice that does not result in a DASR as described in Rule 25.1, section D, will be switched to Transitional Bundled Service and will then be subject to the current Switching Exemption rules. SDG&E will accept 6-Month Notices until the Total DA Load Allowance, 3,562 GWh, is met. The level of available kilowatt load will be updated on a regular basis.