Direct Access: At a Glance
- Direct Access (DA) service is available to all non-residential customers and residential customers currently on DA that do not return to Bundled Service.
- Based on current rules, participation in DA is limited to a maximum annual total kilowatt-hour amount.
- Participating in DA allows electric customers to shop and compare electric commodity rates and services provided by suppliers other than SDG&E, known as Energy Service Providers (ESP).
- Although ESPs’ rates are not regulated by the CPUC, they must meet certain CPUC approval requirements.
- DA offers customers the flexibility to negotiate specific terms and rates for their electric commodity and other services.
- Customers that have elected DA Service will continue to receive safe and reliable electricity transmission and distribution services from SDG&E.
Electric Service Providers
The California Public Utilities Commission provides a list of the Electric Service Providers (ESPs) that have met the CPUC registration requirement.
Energy service providers can get more information about participating in SDG&E’s Direct Access program or email ESP Relations.