SDG&E's Business Energy Solutions Program
Seamless, one-stop shop experience
Patty Ungar DVM, CVA/Owner Kensington Veterinary Hospital needed a new HVAC System which would usually cause a big strain on profits. Little did she know that 25% of the cost was defrayed by SDG&E incentives and the remaining 75% she would be able to finance through SDG&E’s On Bill Financing Program, paying it off with 0% interest in 55 installments.
Check out the Business Energy Solutions Program. It gives participating small to mid-size business customers the following:
- A no-cost energy audit that delivers a report that shows how we can potentially help you save.
- A program specific expanded catalog offering about 238 products covering various technologies (from LED lighting to kitchen equipment) along with product cost, SDG&E incentive and customer co-pay.
- Approximately 42 of these products are offered at no-cost to you
- Eligible customers can apply for On-Bill Financing to cover the co-pay portion of their projects.
All it takes is a few minutes of your time to give us your information through our online interest form.
- Who are the authorized contractors?
Through a competitive bid process, SDG&E selected Matrix Energy Services, Willdan Energy Solutions and Staples Energy to implement this program.
- Are you eligible?
- All business customers whose monthly electrical demand does not exceed 200kW, during the most recent 12-month period.
- Eligibility is based on the “premise” level. Electricity demand from accounts that belong to the same business customer within the same premise will be aggregated.
- What is the process and estimated timing?
We know that you have a business to run and so we try our best to be respectful, quiet and to minimize disruptions to your employees and/or your customers. We would like to provide process and timing, but the factors vary in each each situation (for example availability, number of measures to be inspected, building size etc.) therefore we will provide you with the key steps in the process:
- Step 1: After you fill out the interest form one of our authorized contractors will call to confirm eligibility, get a little more information regarding your business and to schedule a time that is best for your to conduct the no-cost energy audit..
- Step 2: The no-cost energy audit, depending on several factors like size of the business and equipment to be inspected, can take anywhere from 2 hours to 4 hours. Upon completion the authorized contractor will meet with you to discuss their findings and set up the next steps.
- The process and timing for this depends on the number of agreed upon upgrades and your availability. Our first priorities are safety and quality of work, but please know that we try to be as efficient as possible and minimize our disruptions to your business.
- We will conduct a post-installation quality check-up to make sure that everything was completed and that your satisfied.
- Terms & Conditions
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®) under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This programs may be modified or terminated without prior notice and program funds are provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. SDG&E is not responsible for goods and services selected by customers. The selection, purchase, and ownership of goods are the sole responsibility of customer. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of goods selected by customer. Customers who choose to participate in these programs are not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by participating contractors.