Access and Monitor Your Energy Use
Before you take steps to reduce your energy use, it’s helpful to build a complete picture about how your facility uses energy. The Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager is a tool that helps you identify savings opportunities, verify energy efficiency improvements, and receive recognition for exemplary energy performance.
Use ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager to benchmark and rank your building's energy performance on a scale of 1 to 100 (a score of 75 means your building performs better than 75% of similar buildings nationwide). Once you have created your building portfolio, you can use SDG&E’s no-cost, easy-to-use Web Services Data Exchange to automatically send your building’s energy use information to the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager.
- Add the "SDGE Benchmarking" account to your contacts in Portfolio Manager.
- Once logged in, click the "Contacts" link at the top right of the page
- Then click the "Add Contact" button
- Using the name field, search "SDGE Benchmarking"
- Click the "Connect" button, read the Terms & Conditions, and submit the connection
- While your request to connect contacts is being processed, edit your account meter names to the 8-digit SDG&E meter numbers.
- Click a property in Portfolio Manager
- Naviage to the "Meters" tab
- Next to the meter you are changing, click the drop down menu and select "Edit Basic Meter Information"
- In the "Name" field, enter ONLY the 8-digit meter number beginning with 0
- Click "Save"
- Submit a share request for all buildings and meters that require benchmarking - use the account name "SDGE Benchmarking" for the request. You will need a copy of your most recent bill to provide the account number and last bill amount to be added to the already existing meter number in Portfolio Manager.
- Navigate to the "Sharing" tab in your Portfolio Manager account
- Select the property or properties to share
- Select the "Personalized Sharing" option to allow for data exchange
- Fill in all required fields and change the permissions to "Full Access" to all properties and meters being shared
- Scroll to the bottom of the pop-up and click "Submit" then "Share Properties"
- All share requests MUST use the "Full Access" option, including properties and meters. Any access level other than "Full Access" will result in a rejected meter or property share request.
- Once your share requests are finalized, they will be processed automatically at 1 p.m. PST daily.
Questions? Contact our Benchmarking Support team at email@example.com.
If you already have signed Letters of Authorization from building tenants, please do forward them to the support address above.
- The new ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Training Resources
- Workshops and Training (benchmarking workshops to be scheduled)