Access and Monitor Your Energy Use
Before you take steps to reduce your energy use, it’s helpful to build a complete picture about how your facility uses energy. The Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager is a tool that helps you identify savings opportunities, verify energy efficiency improvements, and receive recognition for exemplary energy performance.
Use ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager to benchmark and rank your building's energy performance on a scale of 1 to 100 (a score of 75 means your building performs better than 75% of similar buildings nationwide). Once you have created your building portfolio, you can use SDG&E’s no-cost, easy-to-use Web Services Data Exchange to automatically send your building’s energy use information to the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager.
- Add the "SDGE Benchmarking" account to your contacts in Portfolio Manager.
- Send a message to email@example.com to notify us your request was submitted.
- While your request is being processed, edit your account meter names to the 8-digit SDG&E meter numbers.
- Submit a share request for all buildings and meters that require benchmarking - use the account name "SDGE Benchmarking" for the request. You will need a copy of your most recent bill to provide the account number and last bill amount to be added to the already existing meter number in Portfolio Manager.
- Once your share requests are finalized, they will be processed automatically at 1 p.m. PST daily.
Spreadsheet Method Benchmarking
- Submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You'll receive a response requesting any letters of authorization required to release energy consumption data
- Any required letters of authorization must be signed by tenants of your property, and returned to us by email
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, we'll provide instructions to obtain your energy consumption data for uploading
- Occasionally, the existing meter names within your Portfolio Manager will need to be updated - we'll work with you to complete this step
- Once your custom upload template is complete, we'll run the information through our access tool and provide you with a final spreadsheet
- You'll then upload the completed spreadsheet into Portfolio Manager and begin using the tool
Questions? Contact our Energy Savings Center at 1-800-644-6133 or email email@example.com.